Coconut Milk

I have had several inquiries about making coconut milk, so I thought I would share a short post on how mine turned out. 

I thought the cashew milk was creamy and soooo delicious. But, coconut milk, omgosh. I may never look back to the others again. 🥰

For this particular batch I used a young coconut. The young coconuts are harvested from the tree before they have time to age and drop like the mature brown husked coconuts.

The young coconuts contain more coconut water and less coconut meat versus the mature coconut. Also, the meat is much softer and is said to have less flavor. I opted to use a young coconut as that was all I could find in the local grocery store. It was a little tricky figuring out how to cut into the coconut. I finally went to Youtube and searched for a video. Definitely glad I did that.   👌


I was able to get two cups of coconut water in which I saved for drinking plain. Yum. I was able to scrape out 1 and 1/3 cups of coconut meat. I ended up using just 1 cup for making the milk. Also, with the young coconut there was no pulp left after blending so I didn't have to strain the mixture before using.

Ingredients:

1 cup of coconut meat
2 cups of water
dates - optional
cocoa or cacao powder - optional 
vanilla - optional

Add ingredients to blender. Mix for 2 minutes, pour into a container and refrigerate. After chilling the milk does thicken. You can add more water to thin it to your preference, if desired. This milk was sooo flavorful. I can only imagine how more flavorful it would be if using a mature coconut. 💓